Monday, April 18, 2011

My Favorite Places

There are so many places that inspire me daily.  Places where you walk in and think to yourself "I need this...and this...and this...and this would look great here...I know who would love this!".  I want to make my first few blog posts about these places.  They have inspired my personal shop: http://www.uscountryfolk.etsy.com/  and I think they will inspire you too. 

First on my list of favorite places (and a place I can't leave without buying something) is Scranberry Coop in Andover New Jersey.  You can't miss their bright yellow building right off of Rte 206. 
You never know what you will find when you walk in the door.  They have over 150 dealers with a huge array of vintage and antique items.




Among some of my favorite items I have purchased there are a vintage Barnum Animal Cracker Tin:


Tons of great Ball Mason Jars (Sometimes filled with really fun things):


And my favorite item to collect...


Antique railroad lanterns.  I think I found a big part of my 30+ piece collection here.

One of the things that makes Scranberry Coop a great place to shop is the fantastic turnover they have.  This also means that if you find something you like, snatch it up...it may not be there when you come back. 
Everytime I go, I find new things that I just have to have.
My husband enjoys Scranberry Coop as well.  They always have a great variety of baseball cards, comics and childhood collectables.  It is so much fun to stroll through and say "remember this, I had one of these when I was little". 

When you go to The Coop, don't forget to say "hi" to Bailey.



Check it out next time you are in the area or take a day trip (it's worth it)...see what treasures you can go home with!

For more information on Scranberry Coop you can visit their blog page:
http://scranberrycoop.blogspot.com/
or search Scranberry Coop on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! Thanks so much for the wonderful words about our corner of the world. Best of luck with your Etsy shop, we especially like those housewarming wine bottle sleeves. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete