Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Obsessed with Mason Jars

I am totally completely and utterly obsessed with mason jars.  I have them everywhere. In my living room, on my back deck, bathroom, office, bedroom, there is probably even one rolling around in my car somewhere.  They are just so useful and the old blue ones look great too!

Here are my 10 favorite uses for mason jars:

1. Vase for Flowers.  Pick some flowers, stick them in a jar and you have an instant country inspired centerpiece (or you can even give them as a gift).


(picture from blissfullydomestic.com)

2. Corral your Collections.  All of those little collections of things you love but have no idea where to put...try a mason jar.  I have my little collecton of wooden spools in one that looks great in my craft room:

Vintage Cloth Measuring Tape
(www.uscountryfolk.etsy.com)
Another great collection...Seashells.  Kids bring them home by the pocketfull, display them in a mason jar.  A great way to help you remember your vacation, tie a ribbon around the neck with a tag saying at what beach you collected your shells!

3. Pens and Pencils.  I love to keep my pens and pencils (markers and even scissors) in a mason jar on my desk.  It makes my workspace look so much more homey.

All American Dry Erase Board
(www.uscountryfolk.etsy.com)
4.  Bathroom Supplies.  Q-Tips and cottonballs are dust free and handy when stored in a mason jar.  They will look so nice you won't even have to hide them in the medicine cabinet.


(picture from hoosierhomemade.com)

5. Solar Lights.  One of my favorite items on Etsy.com are these solar lids for mason jars from http://www.etsy.com/shop/treasureagain
Mason Jar Solar LIDS, Handmade Upcycled Solar Lights, Weddings Garden Nights, Original Solar Lid Design, Green Spring set of 4 fits Ball Jars by TreasureAgain
Buy a few and put them around your deck or on your patio table to add a little light to your summer nights!

6.  Odds and Ends.  Small nails or tacks in the garage can be difficult to keep track of.  Spare change or small craft supplies as well...keep them on hand in a mason jar.  The jar is clear so you can quickly see what is inside and it has a lid so if it gets tipped over by accident, you will not be picking up small items for days.



7. Candle Luminary.  I love to put some sand in the bottom of a jar, add a votive or tea light and gain some ambiance!



8. The Perfect Candy Jar.  Fill a jar with your facorite seasonal candy.  Coversation hearts for Valentines day, Red and green M&M's for Christmas, candy corn for Halloween, jelly beans for Easter...you get the idea!



9.  Pendant Lights.  Another one of my favorite Etsy.com items are these pendant lights from http://www.etsy.com/shop/BootsNGus. These will definately add some country style to your home!

Summer Nights Shimmering Shooting Stars Sparkling Clear Quart Glass Fruit Harvest Ball Mason Jar Lights Chandelier - UpCycled ReCycled Hanging Pendant Lighting Fixture Light - Decrotive Wedding Accent - April Showers - May Flowers

10. Drinking Glasses.  Serve up some southern charm along with your sweet tea or lemonade.  No need to break out the fine stemware on a hot summer day!



Hope this has helped inspire you to add a few mason jars into your daily decor...in the crazy times we live in, they make me think of simpler times and remind me to stop and slow down every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    THANK YOU for including my Mason Jar Solar Lights in your Mason Jar Obsession!
    I too have them everywhere, always have....whether they are holding goodies from the garden, my grandmother's buttons, craft supplies,an easy floral arrangement, or in my garden supplying soft light at night. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete