Thursday, May 5, 2011

Weekends

It is early Saturday morning, there is still a chill in the air and I hold my coffee cup with both hands.  I'm not fully awake yet but the coffee is starting to kick in.  My husband holds a steaming cup of coffee as well, he looks over at me and smiles.  This is what we have waited through the long winter for, it is one of our favorite past times and it is finally that time of year again.  Time for FLEA MARKETS!!!

You never know what you are going to find at the flea market.  The one in our area sells everything from local farm goods to house clean-outs.  There are lots of familiar faces and always some new ones each week.  My favorite vendor has boxes, lots of boxes all lined up on the ground.  Every week I dig through and find something I have to have.  One week I found a great oak table painted white.  It is perfect for my living room.  I can sit there with my coffee and look out over the woods.  My husband is usually looking for comics and first generation Transformers.  Sometimes we only come home with one thing, sometimes with a couple of bags and sometimes we have to run home and bring back the truck.  Even if we don't bring home anything, we have enjoyed the time together, seen lots of wonderful treasures and met some interesting people along the way.


Some of my favorite Flea Markets:

Five Acres in Bridgeville, NJ
While you are there, keep going down Rte 46 and hit up Hot Dog Johnny's for a Birch-O-Float and a Dog!


Another favorite is The Blue Ridge Flea Market in Saylorsburg, PA


And the last one I will mention for today is the Golden Nugget in Lambertville, NJ. 



Happy Flea Marketing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment