Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

On January 17, 2000 I lost my mother to cancer.  There is not a day that goes by that I do not miss her.  I would love to have her feedback regarding all of the things I am doing with my life.  She was such a wonderful and creative woman.  Neighborhood friends would come to her with their kids school projects for help and ideas.  She was the president of our community association and came up with so many great activities to bring everyone together.  What I wouldn't give for just five more minutes.

Mothers Day is always difficult.  My friends are going here with their mothers, doing this and that...I feel the loss acutely on this day.  She was always a wonderful mother but I have lost the opportunity to know her as a friend, as a woman. 



So many things have been put into perspective for me since that day. 

Life is too short.  Have fun today, you don't know what tomorrow is going to bring.  There is joy to be found in every day even if you have to search for it.
To be happy or not is your own choice.  If there is something in your life that is making you unhappy, you can change it.  It may not be easy and it might take time but you can do it.

You can do it.

A Thank You today to my amazing family who has surrounded me with their love and given me guidance. 
I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautifully written post. I'm sorry for your loss.

    I lost my stepmother to breast cancer almost 20 years ago and while it's not quite the same, I feel the loss of knowing the woman who was integral to my upbringing, who gave birth to a brother and a sister that I love dearly and who have lost their mom. I feel for them and I feel for you.

    Thank you for writing and sharing something so beautiful and personal. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete